From a recent email I received, this businesswoman wants to know why I recommend podcasting to build a business.
Very good question. Doesn’t seem to be too many businesses utilizing this below the radar marketing method (at least at the time of this recording).
More media are giving time to discuss podcasting as seen from this recent post in Entrepreneur:
Mr. Agrawal makes some great points in answering this question. As marketing and social media platforms are changing up their services and methods–their focus on favoring rich media content (such as podcasts and videos) are making further inroads into the marketing terrain.
No longer are email marketing, direct mailing marketing–even social media marketing infallible.
This shift requires marketers to adapt in order to compete for prospects and customers in an online world.
Today’s Digital Marketing Update
In today’s On Demand Advertising Solutions, Digital Marketing Update Video Podcast #97, host John D. Verlin discusses Why Should I Use Podcasting To Build My Business?
On Demand Advertising Solutions Three-Part Strategy
The Extended Marketing Platform
We do this through an extended marketing platform–the perfect compliment to current advertising campaigns.
Check out our strictly audio podcasts here.
Enjoy The Video Podcast!
(To read closed-caption transcription, please click on the “gear” icon, then turn on “CC” in the above Youtube player)
Key Podcast Take Aways
- Understanding how the internet works is crucial for small business owners in making their marketing plans. Rich media content is the source of rankings and listings as it contains vital keywords/phrases.
- Rich media content platforms such as Youtube are growing in leaps and bounds, offering small businesses enticing platforms to place their expertise. (Just explore the surge in Youtube stars).
- Engagement with content is being used with video and podcasts as evidenced in Entrepreneurs post.
- Traditionally, most business have fell short on consistent, relevant content. Podcasting is a simple, searchable way to master this. (Even Sir Paul McCartney commented on how the Beatles music is still relevant today–shows way relevant content rocks)!
- Radio stations have used podcasting for years to promote shows, engagement and listener retention. Today, small businesses can use these same techniques.
- Interview-style podcasting provides a short 15 minute (or shorter/longer) format for highlighting and promoting your expertise. Makes for ready and easy prospect consumption.
- Podcasting your business offers a Hollywood-style image. This goes a long way towards building a brand presence with your fans/prospects.
- In a digital world of quick links, shares and likes–podcasting fits right in to “spread the word”.
- Numerous podcast hosting sites such as Podimatic, iTunes, etc allow prospects to search and listen to all sorts of content. They have their own built-in platforms.
- As far as engagement goes for prospects; good content is entertaining, informative and educational.
Need a 15-minute podcast, male voice narration for video, voice impersonation or weekly social media post creation/promotion?
Visit my Fiverr platform to purchase services NOW!
All podcasts are recorded by Verlin Studios / Gardner, Kansas
Copyright, John D. Verlin 2017