Small businesses have a real challenge in today’s online environment.
Standing out becomes imperative when prospects make assumptions based on platform results, even after talking and meeting you at networking events.
Perception is reality.
Search and social media platforms have conditioned us to trust their authority (to a degree!), make it easy to click and learn and share results with others.
This has a profound effect on how you market your business.
In the quest to standing out from the competition and being found online–a number of marketing techniques may be used with varying degrees of success.
Search engine optimization, direct mail, email marketing, banner/display and digital ads play a role but can get very expensive quickly.
This is in addition to TV, print, radio or other “traditional” methods of advertising.
At some point, every business owner has to ask, “Is there a more cost-effective way to be found online with a proven strategy?”
Thankfully, the answer is “yes”. And it may be supported with the above forms of advertising.
Today’s Digital Marketing Update
In today’s On Demand Advertising Solutions, Digital Marketing Update Video Podcast #90, host John D. Verlin discusses Want Your Business To Stand Out On Local Searches? Then Do This!
On Demand Advertising Solutions Three-Part Strategy
The Extended Marketing Platform
We do this through an extended marketing platform–the perfect compliment to current advertising campaigns.
Check out our strictly audio podcasts here.
Enjoy The Video Podcast
(To read closed-caption transcription, please click on the “gear” icon, then turn on “CC” in the above Youtube player)
Key Podcast Take Aways
- Most small businesses need instant brand identity with a new prospect when they search their business name online.
- Video podcasts are a great way to get content in a video format to place on Youtube and other search engines for rankings and listings. (As are animated videos–that in another post).
- Video podcasts highlight your expertise in a mobile-friendly manner (prospects can listen at will and be impressed with your offerings vs. competitors.)
- Video podcasts add a visual element of fun, offering viewers/listeners a glimpse into your business. (images of store, customers, employees, etc.)
- Video podcasts help elevate blog engagement/followers thereby enhancing brand perception.
- Makes your business unique from a marketing perspective as few businesses use video podcasts. (Didn’t Warren Buffet say, “do what others don’t?”) They may also be shared, followed, etc.
- Investing in creating this rich media content continues to pay–now and forever (just as all content has from 3000 B.C. until today) as something you own and may be linked/shared to build search listings.
Need a 15-minute podcast, male voice narration for video or weekly social media post creation/promotion? Visit my Fiverr platform to purchase services NOW!
All podcasts are recorded by Verlin Studios / Gardner, Kansas
Copyright, John D. Verlin 2017