If you own a service business like mine–selling and branding yourself needs to focus on a different tack than just selling a product.
While word of mouth is always the best form of credibility–online searches provide a whole new venue for prospects to learn about you, and in may cases–are more believed.
The question is what is your business doing to protect your brand and develop it to get new customers?
Above is an example of an early method a Viking-era sword smith used in defining his or her brand in the service of sword making (stamping a “logo” on the blade).
Today’s Digital Marketing Update
In today’s On Demand Advertising Solutions, Digital Marketing Update Video Podcast #92, host John D. Verlin discusses Protecting And Growing A Service Business Brand.
He comments a post by Chidike Samuelson in Entrepreneur.
On Demand Advertising Solutions Three-Part Strategy
The Extended Marketing Platform
We do this through an extended marketing platform–the perfect compliment to current advertising campaigns.
Check out our strictly audio podcasts here.
Enjoy The Video Podcast
(To read closed-caption transcription, please click on the “gear” icon, then turn on “CC” in the above Youtube player)
Key Podcast Take Aways
- Service businesses can be open to legal and customer complaints and requirement consistent monitoring of customer behavior (think social media posts, etc)
- Since you don’t have a product involved–you become the product/brand and reputation in the eyes of prospects becomes crucial (word of mouth, reviews, perceived image).
- Because of online venues to provide good or bad feedback–consistently seeking followup customer response is imperative to stay on top of their opinions.
- Setting up a system of gauging this response may help in future purchases, litigation, etc.
- Treat data like gold. Your customers trust you to keep their data private (Yahoo data breach, Facebook, etc) and will be angered if not respected.
- Focus your efforts on personal branding rather than corporate branding. People want to do business with people they trust–not a company image.
- Humanize your brand (podcasting is one way to do this) as prospects want to know you are real.
- Understanding the rules of customer attraction and retention (traditional advertising, social media advertising on content marketing).
- Consistency of your efforts build online brand awareness, image and trust.
- How you say something is more important than “what” you say (pay attention to tone and method of communication–the presentation).
Need a 15-minute podcast, male voice narration for video, voice impersonation or weekly social media post creation/promotion?
Visit my Fiverr platform to purchase services NOW!
All podcasts are recorded by Verlin Studios / Gardner, Kansas
Copyright, John D. Verlin 2017