When it comes to marketing your small business to consumers, promoting business to business to get clients or using social media marketing to advance engagement; applying basic life lessons to your business can help you make wiser decisions and enhances your well-being for future successes.
Most businesses will fail.
In fact, USA Today says that 20% survive their first year. Fifty percent after five years and only 30% survive ten years.
This is a fact of life that as entrepreneurs we must accept in order to mentally and emotionally move forward.
With that being said, it also helps us focus more realistically on our dreams in working to achieve them.
There is no success without risk–your goal is to understand this and minimize the risks.
Today’s Digital Marketing Update
In today’s Digital Marketing Update, Video Podcast #76, host John D. Verlin discusses 6 Valuable Life Lessons Business Owners Should Emulate For Success.
Applying these lessons may go counter to popular advice–but in doing so may guarantee a rewarding spiritual and life balance entrepreneurial experience.
On Demand Advertising Solutions Three-Part Strategy
The Extended Marketing Platform
We do this through an extended marketing platform–the perfect compliment to current advertising campaigns.
Check out our strictly audio podcasts here.
Enjoy The Video Podcast
Key Podcast Take Aways
- Regardless of how you earn income, saving at least 10% in a vehicle on a regular basis (index mutual fund, etc) will insure some form of retirement income when you can’t work.
- Set a personal budget and track monthly expenses. The majority of people have no clue where their money is going or how much they need.
- Listening to customers’ concerns will help you not only produce a better resolution experience but prevent future hardships down the road.
- Pride, arrogance and greed almost always lead to hardship, failure and misery.
- Be wary of loaning or borrowing money from friends and family. The relationships will change at that point.
- In a disagreement, as the Apostle Paul says in his letter to the Corinthian church, (I Corinthians 6:7-8): You are already totally defeated because you have lawsuits against each other. Why don’t you accept the fact that you have been wronged? Why don’t you accept that you have been cheated? Why not suffer loss? We may not be able to control events–but our reaction to them says much about our beliefs and character.
- Always keep the Golden Rule front and center in your dealings: Do to others what you would have them do to you.
- Remember the Law Of The Harvest: “you reap what you sow, you reap more than you sow and you reap later than you sow.”
All podcasts are recorded by Verlin Studios / Gardner, Kansas
Copyright, John D. Verlin 2017