When it comes to marketing your small business to consumers, promoting business to business to get clients or using social media marketing to advance engagement; learning from others mistakes can help you minimize the risks of failing.
This is one reason having a mentor–someone experienced with running a business and knows the way around building and sustaining it is so important at the beginning.
Today’s Digital Marketing Update
In today’s Digital Marketing Update, Video Podcast #82, host John D. Verlin discusses Four Reasons Why Businesses Fail And How To Minimize The Risk.
He comments on a post by writer Matt Ruley with wereallpoorhere.com.
We can be fooled into thinking critically about our new idea or product but getting another set of eyes upfront can offer ways to maneuver growth and pitfalls along the way.
On Demand Advertising Solutions Three-Part Strategy
The Extended Marketing Platform
We do this through an extended marketing platform–the perfect compliment to current advertising campaigns.
Check out our strictly audio podcasts here.
Enjoy The Video Podcast
(To read closed-caption transcription, please click on the “gear” icon, then turn on “CC” in the above Youtube player)
Key Podcast Take Aways
- You have to look long-term and be consistent with your marketing.
- Establish a business and marketing plan and work your plan, making minor adjustments along the way.
- Consistently strive to get feedback from prospects and customers. They see your business for what it is.
- Invest the majority of your time marketing and networking to grow your business.
- Amazon has set the bar on great customer service and customers will expect the same from your business. Stay on top of it.
- While it might seem too early to see your idea or hobby as a business early on (prior to getting any real customers), take it seriously and believe in yourself.
- Give your self a time frame to succeed–and then fold up rather than repeating something that’s not working.
- Realize that getting your online marketing platform is just the first step in establishing your brand image–networking, farmer’s markets, traditional and digital media all work TOGETHER to create success. One isn’t inclusive of the other.
All podcasts are recorded by Verlin Studios / Gardner, Kansas
Copyright, John D. Verlin 2017