When it comes to marketing your small business to consumers, promoting business to business to get clients or using social media marketing to advance engagement; many businesses use social media as an add-on to other advertising, rather than tracking it’s own return on investment.
While social media is a part of the marketing platform–there are some ways to help measure it’s effectiveness other than, likes, follows and shares.
Today’s Digital Marketing Update
In today’s Digital Marketing Update, Video Podcast #69, host John D. Verlin discusses Keys To Getting ROI With Social Media.
He references an article in the Harvard Business Review by Keith Quesenberry.
On Demand Advertising Solutions Three-Part Strategy
The Extended Marketing Platform
We do this through an extended marketing platform–the perfect compliment to current advertising campaigns.
Check out our strictly audio podcasts here.
Enjoy The Video Podcast
Key Podcast Take Aways
- Target most likely social media platforms that your customers will be using–not a broad reach.
- Create a social media strategy that is in line with your business goals, not just measurement of follows, shares and likes.
- Utilize other measurement platforms like Google Analytics to measure “conversion” rates and cost per conversion.
- Track web traffic flow from social media posts/ads to further factor ROI.
- Create a value for social media customer interaction that may lead to sales.
All podcasts are recorded by Verlin Studios / Gardner, Kansas
Copyright, John D. Verlin 2017